We “open the diamond” by looking across 9 dimensions then “close the diamond” with a focus on priority growth issues and opportunities.
Quick Self-Assessment – the 9 Dimensions
Do you have the right REVENUE STRATEGY?
Revenue Strategy is the concept layer that defines what value to what market with what offering portfolio and paths to market.
- Do you have the right offerings delivering the right value to your target buyers? Revenue performance depends on compelling propositions to ideal buyers. Effective value propositions meet buyer needs, are differentiated and clearly communicated. Value propositions help provide focus for your people and your buyers. New growth may require adjustments in your offering portfolio.
- Are you clear about your market and buyers focus? Revenue performance challenges are often dominated by market factors. By selecting and segmenting your target markets and understanding the TAM (target addressable market), buying centers and personas, you can better align your go-to-market strategy.
- Are you aligned on your paths to market? You may require different paths to market to help target buyers conveniently access your products and services. Direct and indirect channels, partners, referral sources and influencers play critical roles in how you access the market distribute your products and services.
Are your REVENUE SYSTEMS fully enabling revenue performance?
Revenue Systems is the platform layer that defines the operating components that enable marketing, sales and service execution.
- Is your brand platform enabling marketing and sales effectiveness? Your visual brand and messaging, websites and digital presence, marketing collateral and resources all serve as a foundation for your go-to-market strategy and your marketing, sales and service execution.
- Do you have the right revenue technology stack? Your technology stack is critical to enabling the marketing, sales and service process. Advances in marketing automation, CRM, advertising, data management and predictive intelligence is transforming the customer acquisition and service process.
- Are your people and processes structured for your business architecture? Your skills and processes must be designed based on your offering portfolio and revenue model in order to effectively orchestrate closed-loop buyer engagement across the “full-funnel” buyer lifecycle.
Are your REVENUE Programs effectively driving demand and converting revenue?
Revenue Programs is the execution layer to actively engage ideal buyers and capture customer and business value.
- Are you executing the right marketing programs? With segmentation and understanding of target markets and understanding buyer needs, you can craft an experience architecture that engages accounts and buyers at every stage of their consideration and buying process. Different campaign archetypes (e.g. outbound, inbound, Demand Gen, ABM) must be selected and aligned based on offerings and buyers.
- Are you executing the right sales programs? Are your sales teams using persuasive selling and account management to prospect for and engage accounts and buyers effectively? Are they qualifying and closing sales with the right velocity and value? Good selling practices, methodologies and techniques should be continuously assessed and developed.
- Are you executing the right customer service programs? Good customer service happens day-to-day through the adoption of best practices and the use of enabling technology. Customer service and delivery is critical to customer retention, upsell, cross-sell and revenue growth.