Fit – Alignment – Competition – Timeline (FACT)
We developed the FACT Sales Qualification Tool as part of the Revenue Architecture System. We recommend using it in place of BANT and SCOTSMAN and other methods like TAS to qualify opportunities in today’s more collaborative selling environment. Unlike BANT or SCOTSMAN, FACT qualification is oriented to a joint process of mutual qualification between the seller and the buyer.
The approach to sales lead qualification has changed. Marketing and Sales teams need to collaborate more and sales people need to collaborate more with their prospects. FACT uses common qualification parameters, but shifts the focus from a one-way qualification process to a two-way collaborative qualification process.
- Is the client within our target segments where we bring the greatest value?
- Does the budget range fit the work and is it comfortable for both parties?
- Does the buyer perceive value in relationship and solutions offered?
- Are we aligned on the buy-sell process?
- Are the buying criteria aligned with our solution value proposition?
- Are decision makers engaging in a collaborative process?
- Are there too many firms bidding?
- Is there a path to a win-win opportunity?
- Do competitors offer any significant advantage based on the buying criteria?
- Does the prospect express a negative bias toward our company or people?
- Do we have any unique competitive advantage?
- Does the implementation timeline work for both parties?
- Are the prospect’s plans and timelines realistic for a successful outcome?
- Is there a compelling event driving the decision and can we can deliver?
- Will the buy-sell process demand more resources than we effectively manage?