9 PRINCIPLES OF EFFECTIVE BUYER ENGAGEMENT
- Identify and quantify your ideal buyers and influencers – Identify your ideal customer segments, decision making units and buyer personas so that you can design experiences that matter.
- Understanding buyers’ point-of-view (POV) – Put yourself in your buyer’s shoes so you can communicate in more relevant ways.
- Define Pain Ladders™, Pain Maps™ & Engagement Personas™ – Build engagement personas by understanding each persona’s pain points and identifying shared attributes.
- Build message maps™ that engage buyers – Use message maps to guide experiences, content and creative development…applying a pain-empathy-insights™ for message progression.
- Navigate the content conundrum – Create lifecycle content that applies the principle of equitable exchange™.
- Engage buyers across a closed-loop process – Align content and experiences and track results across each stage of the buyer process.
- Understand the metrics that matter – Identify relevant metrics as these will vary by market segment.
- Manage with a metrics-driven methodology™ – Allocate buyer engagement investments around high probability outcomes using a metrics-driven approach.
- Choose the right revenue systems platform – Use digital platforms and automation tools to enable buyer engagement experiences.