We recently published an enhanced edition of the 2018 Financial Advisor SMART BOOK™. This resource is a comprehensive guide to help independent financial advisors build an ‘independent difference,’ that is, a strategy-led, systematic growth program with 9 proven strategies. The goal is to help advisors:
- Increase Volume: Generate More Visits & Inquiries
- Increase Client Value: Get Better Qualified Inquiries
- Increase Velocity: Increase Conversion Rates
- Increase AUM and Revenue: Optimize Engagement for AUM growth and Revenue Impact.
[Strategy 5 of 9] ENGAGE A STRONG, MULTI-CHANNEL DIGITAL PRESENCE
Move away from a static cliché website to establish a more dynamic, mobile responsive website. Your website is your marketing hub that you can use every day for marketing, selling and on-boarding clients.
- Position your website branding consistent with your brand strategy and desired target market.
- Modernize your website with a professional design and an engaging look and feel.
- Get found by optimizing your website for major search engines using the right ‘long tail’ keywords that your target personas are using – with an emphasis on local search.
- Build credibility with content that is appropriate for your clients, adding value and showcasing your service offering.
- Make your website easy to use and accessible, and ensure the site works effectively on mobile devices.
- Optimize your website for conversions by placing appropriate calls to action and fostering an equitable exchange of value between your firm and the prospective client visitor.
- Add appropriate functionality including secure file share, reporting and financial tools and services that deliver value for your ideal client profile and that helps streamline the on-boarding process.
- Share valuable updates and stories to drive customer interest and activity, and amplify your content with “earned media” – e.g., social media content sharing.
- Establish brand outposts on, for example, Fee-Only Network, NAPFA, LinkedIn.
- Consider highly targeted PPC advertising and re-marketing.
- Syndicate articles, answer investor questions across touch-points to build credibility and get found (e.g., Investopedia, Yahoo Finance, local media outlets etc.).
Some Tips to Get You Started:
- Consider fewer, longer pages with ample white space that scroll to increasing depth.
- Avoid cliché images.
- Establish your brand on multiple ‘outposts’ by sharing content on channels that your target clients use and amplify this with your ‘right-sized’ social media presence.
You can explore the first four growth strategies:
…or explore all 9 strategies for growth by downloading the 2018 Financial Advisor SMART BOOK™ below.