Financial Advisor SMART BOOK™
We recently published the 2018 Edition of the Financial Advisor SMART BOOK™. This resource is a comprehensive guide to help independent financial advisors build an ‘independent difference,’ that is, a strategy-led, systematic growth program with 9 proven strategies. The goal is to help advisors:
- Increase Volume: Generate More Visits & Inquiries
- Increase Client Value: Get Better Qualified Inquiries
- Increase Velocity: Increase Conversion Rates
- Increase AUM and Revenue: Optimize Engagement for AUM growth and Revenue Impact.
[Strategy 4 of 9] Craft a Distinctive Brand Identity, Positioning and Messaging
‘Brand matters’ and many advisors look and sound the same. It is essential to set yourself apart with an authentic and differentiated brand identity. A brand becomes a brand only in the hearts and minds of your client. At its core is building trusting relationships. Here are some systematic building blocks to craft a distinctive brand identity.
- Assess where you are today. Reveal your business and brand dynamics by interviewing colleagues and clients.
- Define your firm’s essence, purpose and authenticity and how you differ from competitive firms
- Create your brand persona including your brand voice, DNA, positioning and actions
- Define your brand strategy including name and personality and visual essence.
- Audit your communications, what is said, what channels, with what resources and collateral.
- Plan the logistics of executing an integrated brand strategy
- Build the brand with visual communications assets, relevant content and messaging.
Some Tips to Get You Started:
- Put the client needs above everything else and make it impossible to separate what you say from what you do.
- Stand for something. The brand is more than a logo or name or tag line, it’s how your firm comes to life in today’s multi-channel world through content, experiences and personalized touches.
You can explore the first three growth strategies:
…or explore all 9 strategies for growth by downloading the 2018 Financial Advisor SMART BOOK™ below.